A month back I promised myself to be more regular here after I realized I have missed updating quite a few things happening in my life. Though there isnt anything significant happening either, but once in a while scrolling back to older entries is a lot of introspective and fun read.
8.3% of 2010 done, and I have not done much to change my life either. January has been a mixed bag. Capturing some of the updates..
- Started the New Year being sick , which meant, I was healing myself back to good health while the rest of the world was partying around. Luckily, I utilized the idle bed time catching up with folks I havent talked to in a while. I also spent time getting to know few of my online acquaintances and knowing them has been good so far.
- At work got a big blow, when the account I was working for decided to roll back projects for this quarter. Being project-less, I started brainstorming on career opportunities elsewhere and also re-consider my UK migration, both of which I put on hold again. Thanks to one of my team's older projects getting into rough waters, Being a senior team-mate the only thing I could do was to offer help and hijack some work/tasks into my kitty. And I have been busy again at work since then.
- I got a shock of my life, when I realized that I have 10.5 days of Casual Leave which I have to exhaust before April 2010. Thanks to my over protective Leave Budget, now I dont know where to head to unless I elope with someone or somebody kidnaps me. I wonder how they treat your absence when you are kidnapped ? I dont have company to plan a vacation at this time, and I am too lazy to exhaust all leave sitting idle at home. I am apprehensive about business decisions taken in my absence. Right now, I have decided to dis-integrate the CLs into multiple 0.5 days and take random leaves from work.
- My friend Vee's sister Kochu whom I have illegally adopted as my own little sister, got engaged on 26th January. I wanted to do a separate photo-session about the event and blog about Kochu, unfortunately I couldnt make it to the engagement either. The wedding will be another and the last opportunity. Kochu has been my personal dentist as well, now you know why I claim her to be my little sister( yes, I get discounts on my dental bills :)) Jokes apart, I have never enjoyed any of my earlier dental appointments as much I sit front of Kochu. And yes, she is so patient with my queries, that she answers all my questions seeing my eye movements though she has sharp instruments stuck inside my wide open mouth.
- My record of being portrait photographer for single eligible women is on a new high. Anybody whom I take a portrait pic for shaadi formalities, gets hitched asap. As I am beginner now, the services are free of charge. Just as Kochu is my personal dentist, I call myself her only personal and official photographer :) And I have 2 more added to the list now. I am awaiting confirmation on the engagement news from them too.
- We had our company Annual Day Celebrations on 22nd Jan at Clarks Exotica. Most of the women junta I knew were part of fashion show or Dance competitions, and since guys would want to share their own jokes in such events, I was quite doubtful about finding the right company to spend time for the whole day event. Luckily, the MC was none other than 94.3 RJ Prithvi. He kept us ROFLing for the whole day that I forgot I was sitting admist a crowd of unknown faces. I did click few portrait photographs for some eligible single candidates there too :)
- There has been a new addition to the "Pinto" family. Cousin A and wife D were blessed with a cute little healthy baby boy on 28th January. Its nice to see Uncle D spring back to life after being promoted to Grand-Dad. Its been more of grandsons than grand daughters in the family so far. We will soon run short of flower-gals in the family for the next wedding !